Saturday, October 21, 2006

How do you do something good for someone you dislike...?


My current predicament is not as serious as the title of this post sounds. I have to produce two essays for my current theory topic and I am TOTALLY disinterested! The one lecturer is an asshole and his contribution to the course just left me feeling really lost and my brain was fried! I'm supposed to write this essay for him but I can't even think of what my topic should be...I mean, I've got a rough topic already but I can't think of what angle I should use...

Well, this week has been horrible. I've had so much work to do. I'm really worried that I'm not going to be able to finish in time for the end of the year! My supervisor came to see me yesterday and did the whole, "Should I be expecting some work from you?" thing.

On the flipside, I'm currently house-sitting for my aunt and uncle which is always fun! They have a heated pool! I have yet to try it out because yesterday, when I got to the house, it was raining and I was so tired that I simply went to bed. I awoke this morning to discover that their gardener had somehow let himself in and was rumageing through the flowerbeds. It was a little awkward because I don't know him from a bar of soap and had to go out to feed the dog. So I introduced myself to him and ended up having quite a conversation about the merits of not drinking and smoking. It was arb...

Anyhoo, I have to go home to get some lunch and start working on THE essay. Have a great weekend internutters!

PS: The photo has nothing to do with anything. I just think Zebra are cute!

11 comments:

Helen said...

You should have done your honours on the foraging ecology of zebras.
Research questions:
1. what do zebras eat? Grass.
2. does their foraging change in the presence of other zebras? They eat grass and have baby zebras.
3. Do they raid the surrounding farms? No.

I'm ignoring AAAs essay until tomorrow. I've sorted out all my references except for a few books that I have yet to get from the library, and I'm I'm procrastinating typing up my intro.

Hence the comment.

Enjoy the heated pool!

Don't stress about the essay, just say how wonderful that Blaire guy is and you're sorted!

sarah said...

YOU ARE HOUSE SITTING

HELEN'S PARENTS ARE AWAY

AND STILL ... NOBODY HAS INVITED ME OVER FOR A PARTY ?!?!?!?!?!?

hmmmmm..... fishy!

P.S. like i just said on helen's blog : for those of you who care, i smsed my 'boyfriend' (he isn't really) last night ....hahahahahaaaa

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a giraffe person...

Luke said...

Sorry Tomkins

I would post a giraffe pic but I jsut don't have any that I took. I cant believe it but of all the time I spent this year doing field work, I have not had a single decent opportunity to take a photo of a giraffe...odd...

I did have one opportunity but lacked a camera. The giraffe literally walked past me! Like as in approximately 5m of my person! It was surreal...

Luke said...

jsut!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

sarah said...

you warned me you were a little high whilst blogging!

but i didn realise!

ahahahahahaaaaaaa

word verfication : toaozt hahaha

Helen said...

I have a photo of a giraffe that you took. It's from the zoo, but we ould pretend it's from Suikerbos!

Anonymous said...

I'm going for a night drive on Saturday night to the Pilansberg.. :) hopefully i'll have some lovely photos for my blog, and then I'll be all scientific like you guys are. hehe. ;)

Luke said...

Oh you are so lucky Tom. It's not fair:( Everyone else has finished with all their work and us stupid APES people are still grinding away...

I guess it means that we'll enjoy the end-of-year boozeup so much more...;)

Laura said...

as se says, 'boys are stupid'

sorry that has nothing whatsoever to do with ur blog so i will now comment on it-

well, not really- i actually just wanted to know why my blog isnt connected to urs. huh? huh? huh? after all that summary table and appendix help i gave u in lieu of ur supervisor... this better be rectified, mangaliso!

cheerio

PS: miss all those late night msn talks we used to have about orange juice and tea, aaaah the days of pop res kind of work...

Luke said...

Yes...pop res work was comparatively simple...we ACTUALLY thought we were working hard.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!