Monday, February 05, 2007

Life is really surreal!

Does anyone else in this world feel like their life is too freakish to really be happening to one person? Because, of late, I've REALLY felt like all of my waking hours have been a dream! It's been so odd!

It all started with my shoot at 'Isidingo'. That has to have been one of the most random days of my life! By the end of it all, I felt like something was going on in the universe that everyone else knew about except me.

Then, on Friday, I went to varsity as per usual and while I was working, I recieved a call from a good friend of mine, Xena (not her real name, that's Sarah but because I know so many Sarah's, I have to give them nicknames to remeber who is who). I hadn't seen her in ages and I got to spend the whole day with her, catching up and finding out how life has been treating her. As you may have guessed, I didn't get too much work done on Friday.

After she left Wits I had a short while to do some minor work before heading off to a screening of the locally-produced 'Faith Like Potatos'. The film isn't bad at all - actually rather good - but the acting was shocking! It was SO SO bad! It was being shown at my old church, where my cousin Sarah (another one) goes, as well as Xena. It is actually how I know her.

Sarah, my cousin, had organised for me to go with them (being her, her boyfriend and Xena and her boyfriend) to the screening. I arrived 5min late due to unusually bad traffic to discover that I wasn't as late as I had thought - they hadn't started yet - and that Duncan was there too.

We all watched the movie and I then told Duncan that I was going to go home to have some dinner and that he was welcome to join me. He accepted and left while I went to say goodbye to all the others while they were having tea and coffee in the church hall. While saying goodbye to everyone, Xena greeted someone over my shoulder and I turned to see who it was. To my amazement, it was one of the students that I had TA'ed last year! Helen and I nicknamed him my stalker.

So after chatting to him and goodbye-ing everyone else, I left. I then found poor Duncan outside my house, who had been waiting for me for 15min as I had been saying my goodbyes, and we had our dinner.

This too was a very strange feeling day!

Then, Saturday was a brilliant day where I took Athena and Duncan to the zoo to see what I do and to introduce them to Althea and Josh, the primate keeper and primate respectively. Inbetween my data collection and the meeting, we all went to the most amazing resturant called 'Soi' which makes the most awesome and heavenly chocolate mousse (spelling?) I've ever had in my life!

Then later we went to see 'The Prestige' which I think is amazing! It's so well done!

Thus concluded my stretch of weird days. They really felt very surreal and I can't really figure out why. But it made me realise something. God's gonna have a tough time convincing me to go to heaven when I die. My life has just been too much fun!

Random Fact For The Day:

Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister

By the way, in answer to your question Angela, I'm not sure if these 'facts' are true, but I do know that some of them definitely are. Like the giraffe-tongue thing and the human tongue print. The rest I can't confirm nor deny...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. That weekend was weird. But don't worry, I wasn't waiting outside your house for very long, and I could have gone in but I chose not to, because I was really getting into a song on my stereo.

Luke said...

Ah...that is a comfort. I really thought I'd been away for ages and had these images in my mind of you sitting out there waiting forever.